Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Satiety...






















Spent most of yesterday on the run, and it was fun! Went to LCG to change out my booth, finished that...took pics for the website, and stopped at a few antique shops...my FAVORITE thing to do and I do not do it very often due to fear of little fingers grasping...you get the picture... I found some great little wood, alphabet blocks and old hat boxes! Much more...but that will have to be another trip, providing they are still there! I added the latest Mercantile Gatherings magazine...finally...sorry about that, more of my 'Thanks A Latte' candles for Mother's Day and for saying a BIG thank you to those teachers at the end of the school year! Check out the kewl cupboard we made with some rusty chicken wire and what used to be a common bookshelf! It is a great display piece for my candles, for now! (until someone buys it!) It would also be fun to add to your little boy's room if you had the western thing going on...or the rustic cabin! I put a great, iron star knob on it! Check out the table project I had been sitting on and finally found the ambition to get it out into the public! The Flea Market Finds book was my inspiration on that piece! Also added a couple different nite lights that seem to fly off the cupboards for those of you looking for smalls! I also stopped at our local show called "Handmade in America"....other artists inspire me and I have to say, I am inspired! Lots brewing in this noggin' now, so stay tuned! I wrapped up my day with a visit to my 'bestest of friends' - since Middle School! We have been through thick and thin together, births, deaths, etc.... They are building their dream home, after 15 years of dreaming...it is in full bloom and so beautiful. It is a post and beam home and they have engineered it from the days of old...exterior and interior. When it is finished...I will be posting it on my website so you may have a house tour! They are a clever couple! So here I am - sitting back on a Sunday...completely satisfied with the weekend's events!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Karen,
It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself today, Good for YOU!! I love your booth, it is a place that I would love to shop at. I can tell that you really enjoy what you do. Where do you find all the time ;} Looking forward to visits on your blog. Have a most enjoyable week!
~Peaceful Blessings, Tammy

Pam B said...

VERY kewl cupboard! Love the chicken wire!

Karen said...

Hi Tammy! Thank you! It is a lot of fun...when I get an idea! LOL Not fun when you draw a blank! Hope your baby is feeling better!
Karen

Karen said...

Thanks, P.J. I have chickens on the brain right now! LOL Karen

Farmhouse Primitives said...

Karen, Hey....I like the multiple pictures displayed. Looks good.

Karen said...

Hey Pammie!! Love your blog, too!! You are one informative woman! Kudos! Hugs..Karen