Thursday, April 10, 2008

Here It Comes Again...



So, this time I am ready! Last week, I was a sceptic...I am a little older and a little wiser, now!


They say we are getting 12-14 more inches of snow tonight. Schools are already cancelled and we have all battened down the hatches. The winds are the biggest obstacle at this point. I was sure we were going to lose power...so I pulled out the candles and oil lamps...I am ready! I also pulled out my sewing machine and sanders (providing we do have Mr. Electricity) and had my oldest son help me drag an old book shelf in, that I am going to make into a fun cupboard (will show you the pictures later) and a fun drop-leaf table. If I am going to be stuck home...I'm making the best of it! Stay tuned for the creations this snow storm will create!

4 comments:

Cookie said...

how bout that GLOBAL WARMING! lol (... I'm thinking ole Al if feeling kinda silly right about now)

Have a great productive weekend - we are in for it too, so I have a couple of projects in the works along with a couple of movies and some microwave popcorn!

Show and tell on Monday, right? :)

Jill said...

Wow! Can't believe you guys are getting snow! It's in the upper 70's here in Ky with storms. Hope you get a lot done while you are snowed in :)
Jill

Karen said...

Hi Cookie!! I have been thinking that VERY same thing about ole' Al! ha ha! This is nuts! Have sent the kids out in it to appreciate the warmer weather! LOL I started creating and have been side tracked with tutorials on digital artwork. ugh...so many things I want to do! ha! I'll be checking in to see what you've come up with the weekend, too! ;0)
What movies are ya watchin'? See you Monday! LOL Hugs, Karen

Karen said...

Thanks, Jill! Oooooh the 70's sound good! It is actually fairly warm out.. (28 degrees - ha!) but the wind is kind of naughty! Hope you weather the storms! Thanks for stoppin' in! Karen