Monday, March 10, 2008

Cheering for my Cherubs...



This crazy little corner of the world ... I was told this is a good way to "express" myself. Lord knows I need to do that! I began my candle making/crafting a year after I married....1998 or so. I had been around my best friend, Heidi...who had been crafting since the mid-80's... but I was too caught up in the 'worldly things' and ventured off to sunny Florida! (My how I miss that sun, too!) Six years later, I came back to my roots and fell madly in love with the simpler life and all it holds! Sooooo... babies were soon to follow and all the more reason to stay home and create!! This has now just become a passion and no longer a needed addition to the income, but something I just cannot seem to let go of! 'Specially the people I have met via this Country/Primitive road that I have wandered!! I, now work part time for a local adoption agency and have found the other half of my destiny! Boy, if we lived in a larger shack...they'd all be comin' home with Momma! ;0) So, here's my babes...in all their glory! Sure am proud of these little cherubs!

2 comments:

Pond Creek Primitives said...

Wow, Karen ~ what a precious family ~ I'm so glad you dropped by my blog! I hope you enjoyed your visit, and I hope you'll visit the Pond Creek Homestead again and again and again! Blessings on your primitive journey ~ Belinda

Karen said...

Thank you, Bee! I did!! I will be back and have added you to my favs! Happy Easter! Karen