Friday, March 21, 2008

Reminiscing Rantings....




Reminiscing.... Take a look at this picture!! Who remembers when our Itasca County Hospital had looked like this? I do! What happened???? Now we have this "great" new facility...that cannot carry the main insurance carrier of our area and the former...historical building is vacant and deteriorating. ugh. What is wrong with our community?? Am I sounding a little opinionated??! Here is another picture. This was the infamous Blandin Beach! I remember it like this, too! Does this date me? There was a time when you could hardly find ground to lay your beach towel and now it has a reputation for being 'filthy water' and they've torn down the docks and rafts. There used to be life guards posted everywhere!! This is where I had taken my swimming lessons! I will have to post a newer picture of the two...soon, and compare. Too snowy, dreary and depressing...right now. Maybe that is why I'm in this frustrated frame of mind, too?? ha!

No comments: